Ash clears a few rumours

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is in a happy frame of mind. Ask her why and she gives reasons aplenty.

“I am a regular girl who married the guy she loved and that makes me very happy. I’m also very happy in my family and both Abhishek and I say that we have two sets of parents. There is so much love,” she smiles.

And how was it to work with Pa-in-law and hubby in the same film? “We are all actors and there have been films where we have worked together earlier also. This is not the first time that we are sharing screen space but yes, it is a first for us as a family. When we are in front of the camera, we get into character and actor modes and once shooting is over, we are back to being one happy family. Both Abhishek and I cherish the time all of us spend together. Family time is precious to us,” said the actress.

Looking spiffy in her Sarkar Raj avatar, Aishwarya even cleared a rumour herself! “Let me tell you about a ridiculous story that is floating about. It was rumoured that I am wearing glasses worth rupees 10 lakh in the film. That is so not true! I am not wearing any such glasses anytime in the film,” she asserts.

And that wasn’t the only rumour that Ash cleared, she also rubbished the rumour of her pregnancy being the reason why Abhishek and she bought a house in Dubai!

Ask her how is life after marriage and she gets all happy again! “I have embraced the tradition of marriage. I have added my husband’s surname after my name and there is absolute love and respect in our relationship. Change is something that I can’t really analyse. All I know is that I am in a happy place and growth is an ongoing process. I’m continuing to grow,” she said.
Tell Ash that Ramu achieved a coup of sorts by signing the Bachchan family for his film, and she is quick to say, “I’d like to point out a little detail here. I was signed on for the film when Abhishek and my relationship became public. Yes, I started shooting after I was a part of the family, but we weren’t signed on as a family. In fact, I’m not even cast opposite Abhishek in the film. He is a married man in the film! Ramu has made the film exactly as he conceived it.”

Ash says she is looking forward to The Unforgettable Tour 2008, and hence, is gearing up for a busy time ahead. “After I
returned from Cannes, it has been a very hectic time. I haven’t had time even to read scripts. I’m going to do that soon and then I’m looking forward to the world tour. It is also a wonderful opportunity to interact with fans,” she said.

Archive