Eva Mendes has revealed that she grew up seeing Calvin Klein ads

Actress Eva Mendes has revealed that she grew up seeing Calvin Klein ads and always wanted to follow in the footsteps of the designer brand’s models.

The Hitch star, who grabbed the opportunity to fulfill her teen dream by being the face of the designer's new underwear
range, banked on believing that the chance would take her career to new heights.

Eva further said that she had long idolised Mark Wahlberg and supermodel Kate Moss – both of whom had shot to fame as Calvin Klein models. "I grew up on those ads,” Contactmusic quoted her as saying. She said, “When Kate Moss and Marky Mark - I mean my friend Mark Wahlberg came out with them, I was 15 years old. Me and my friends just went crazy. He was so gorgeous and still is, of course.”

The 34-year-old star’s promo video for the designer label had been deemed too provocative by various US channels with many refusing to air the footage.

Archive