Udita Goswami is determined to make a strong comeback

After making a promising debut in a film like Paap in 2003 and then following it up with a breakthrough performance in a negative role (of a femme fatale) in Zeher in 2005, Assamese beauty Udita Goswami seemed to have got lost somewhere in the rat race to stardom.
The few films that she did later like Aksar and Aggar in 2006 and 2007 respectively, failed to make much of an impact at the box office. Ask her about her progressively dipping career graph and she’s quick to reply, “Well, that was just a passing phase. I’m not a very outgoing girl and am extremely bad at PR. May be I got stuck up in a certain glam image at that time and one thing that perhaps worked to my disadvantage was I didn’t want to do multi-starrers.



Now I feel I should have maintained a balance by working with some bigger heroes in some big budget movies. May be I didn’t make the right choices at the right time,” she confesses. But the green-eyed, 5’8” glam babe has no regrets. “I had no godfather in the industry. So I’m proud of whatever I’ve done on my own steam. I’ve also learnt from my experiences and become more headstrong now.” And she’s not given up yet. Udita is right now shooting for Sunny Deol’s The Man in which she’s playing a spy. She will also be seen in Deepak Tijori’s The Fox where she’s essaying the role of a publishing house owner. Way to go girl!

Archive