Karisma's daughter Samaira loved her mother as a model

Even though she’s taken a sabbatical from acting after her marriage, her glam quotient hasn’t dwindled a wee bit.
As she walked the ramp dressed in a sensational couture dress by Manav Gangwani, Karisma Kapur was the cynosure of all eyes. Rag her about this newfound love for modelling and Karisma says with a laugh, “I like to promote talent. Last year, I had modelled for Manish Malhotra and this year when Manav asked me to do the honours, I couldn’t refuse. He’s barely 30 and very talented. In fact, I was floored with the response that I got. But, the best part is that my daughter Samaira loved me as a model. She wasn’t there at the show, but later when she saw me on the television, she went gaga over me. That, I think, has been the biggest reward.”
With her ravishing looks and perfect 10 figure, it’s not surprising that the young lady is getting so many compliments and film offers. Ask her why did she refuse Rahul Dholakia’s film Lamha, which was later bagged by Bipasha, and Karisma says, “A lot of details were not ready. And when I do a project, I would like to be very sure about my role, the script and its nitty-gritty. Yes, I am getting a lot of offers, but I will accept a project only if it appeals to my heart. So, it can happen anytime!”
There’s a trace of regret in her voice the moment you ask her how she plans to celebrate her sister Kareena’s birthday, which falls today. The big sister confides, “We always make it a point to be with each other on birthdays. But, this time we will not be together because Kareena is shooting in Ladakh with Aamir Khan for her film 3 Idiots. Nevertheless, Bebo will be in my thoughts 24x7 on her birthday.”

Archive