Sameera happy with her career

Sameera Reddy is right now shooting for Nagesh Kukunoor’s tentatively titled film Bemisaal at Kherjala Fort, some two hours drive away from Jodhpur.

The city girl is staying in the 200-year-old fort totally cut off from the outside world with no newspapers or TV for company.

After playing dumb blonde in Race, Sameera seems to have finally arrived in Bollywood and how! She’ll be seen in Priyadarshan’s next as well as in a film called Red Alert based on the naxalite movement by Aruna Raje. She’s also awaiting the release of her animation film Mahayodha Ram where she’s given a voiceover for Sita.

There’s also Mira Nair’s film Migration in her kitty. Ask her about the sudden change and she replies excitedly, “Race was actually the turning point in my career. It was a challenging role for which I was appreciated a lot. Now I get access to a lot of good roles. I can pick and choose films that are more commercially viable. Basically I want to do work that I’m passionate about. In a way my mindset has changed towards roles and films,” explains Sameera. So has she taken a break from doing movies down South? “I’m also doing films in the South as we can’t overlook their popularity in the world market. In a way, I’m trying to maintain a balance between Bollyood and Tollywood,” she says.

Archive