Shakira warns her parents about skimpy clothes on new album

ShakiraColombian singer Shakira has warned her parents that she will not be having much clothes on as she promotes her new album She Wolf.

Shakira, 32, was pictured on the cover of i-D magazine wearing black with thigh high leather boots.

“I had to say to them, ‘I’m a woman now, this is the way I express myself’,” the Sun quoted her as saying.

“My dad understood but my mum was scared what people could think. She said, ‘Is it too much?’” she said.

But, to her surprise, both mum and dad were impressed by her video for new single, also called She Wolf, where she writhes around in a cage wearing a flesh-coloured leotard.

“They sent me an email and said, ‘The video’s spectacular. A little provocative but spectacular’,” she added.

Archive