Miley Cyrus has closed her account on Twitter

Miley CyrusMiley Cyrus has closed her account on Twitter.com last week and says she quit tweeting, as her personal life was getting too public”. She is happy with her decision.

Her fans are disappointed and appeals to return to social networking website Twitter.

The Daily Star quoted her as writing on her official site: “It breaks my spirit to hear that some of you feel neglected since I deleted my Twitter. It was a wonderful way to stay connected to you & I really felt like during that time we became very much like friends. I often complain to the ones closest to me that I don’t seem to have much of a private life any more and part of that is my fault. How can I whine about my life being too public if I am the one telling the world what I am doing? I never want to quit entertaining - it is my life, my love, and my passion - but I can’t have my personal life be other people’s entertainment".

She also dismissed the rumour that she quit Twitter because The Last Kiss co-star Liam Hemsworth wanted to delete her page.

She said: “Liam is a wonderful friend and he did not try to make me delete my page, he just helped me realize how much time I was wasting on that site.”

Archive