Drew Barrymore took month long skating lessons for her new movie

Drew BarrymoreDrew Barrymore took a month’s lessons alongside cast mates in a roller-derby boot camp for her new film ‘Whip It.’.

The beauty, who has been producing movies for a long time, has directed the new film.

“I’ve been producing for 15 years and it’s all been preparing for the big test. I really care so much about what I do - and I love film-making so much. I love every detail and every aspect of it,” the Daily Telegraph quoted her as saying in an interview at the Toronto International Film Festival.

She added that she wanted to sit on the helmer’s seat only when she was sure about it.

She added: “I think slow and steady wins the race, too. I didn’t need to direct when I was 21.

“I wanted to produce and learn about the film-making process and understand every element going into it, so that by the time I did direct, I was as knowledgeable and well-prepared as possible.”

Whip it stars Ellen Page leading her squad on at a local league skating championship.

Archive