Speed-dater Mariah

Mariah Carey wants to try speed-dating for now.
The Hero singer is so keen to find a new man in her life that she is even planning on going to a speed-dating evening an organised event where women get to meet a number of different men on ‘mini-dates’. She said, "I really like the idea of speed-dating. I like the idea of 15 mini-relationships each lasting three minutes each, and then you go home, alone."
Mariah, who divorced her record executive husband Tommy Mottola in 1997 after about four years of marriage, said she doesn’t like the "formality" of traditional dates. She said, "What is a date supposed to be like in the 21st century? It’s a bit old-fashioned and formal for me. I don’t need to know if the guy can afford to buy dinner, do I? With me, it just moves from hanging out with a guy to them becoming my boyfriend without too much hassle."

Ever since her divorce, Mariah has been romantically linked with Latino singer Luis Miguel, music executive Mark Sudack, international rapper Eminem and baseball player Derek Jeter.
In a new development, it has been learnt that Carey has pushed back her new album, which was tentatively scheduled to be released in February, to mid-April this year.