Jennifer Lopez to retire?

Singing sensation Jennifer Lopez has hinted that she intends to let work take a back seat after she gives birth to her first child.

Workaholic JLo, who is thought to be seven months pregnant with twins, reveals in a new magazine interview that she is not keen to be a working mom.

She tells Harper’s Bazaar, “I don’t know and I like that, because my life has been so planned for so many years. Once I did the tour, I really just wanted to shut it down.” She was also asked why she kept her pregnancy under wraps for so long.

She says, “I do realise people want to know about the pregnancy, but this is the first time I’m going through this. I kind of feel like everybody knew anyway.”

The singer says husband Marc Anthony was a factor in the decision to keep mum about their baby news. Jennifer had recently revealed that it was her mother who kept insisting on a grandchild. She told Cosmopolitan, “When Marc and I first got married, my mother rang me every day asking if there was any news. I come from a big Latino family where it’s all about having children. So the pressure was huge from the start.”

Marc is Jennifer’s third husband and she said she was keen to make her marriage work, “After I married Marc, I wanted to make my marriage work. ‘JLo the diva’ made a conscious effort to become ‘Jennifer the wife’. And I had to give this love a chance to really grow, without being swamped by the whole celebrity circus.”