Shriya travels to Hollywood!

If she hasn’t been taking calls, Shriya Saran is quick to assure us that it’s not because she’s been dodging the media.

"It’s just that I’ve been very busy travelling for my shoots and have had no time to catch up with anyone. I was in San Francisco for a while, then came down to Mumbai, after which I left for Istanbul and now again, I’m off to Chennai," says Shriya.

Of course, the success of Sivaji has been sweet even I didn’t get tickets for it and that too in Mumbai and Shriya has been flooded with offers from some of the country’s biggest filmmakers. "But I’m aware that expectations have risen, so I’m very choosy about what I pick. I hope things get bigger than Sivaji after this," she says.

And now Shriya has been offered a film by one of the biggest entertainment banners in Hollywood Ashok Amritraj’s production company. "It’s called The Other End of The Line and I star opposite Jesse Metcalfe. The film also features Anupam Kher and has been extensively shot in San Francisco. And yes, Jesse is just like he looks on screen he’s drop dead gorgeous," says Shriya.

Down south too, Shriya is hot property. Her recent film, Azhagiya Tamizh Magan with Vijay has re-affirmed her position as the top heroine in the Tamil industry. "And now, I’m looking forward to Kandasaamy with Vikram. It’s really stylish and Vikram sports a host of different looks in the film. I think he’s a rock star and am a huge fan of his. In fact, we’re supposed to leave for Kenya soon for the next schedule. But if the ongoing crisis continues, we might head to another location," she says.

The success of Sivaji has fetched her a lot of acclaim even in B-town, says Shriya. After Awarapan, she’s now doing Apoorva Lakhia’s Mission Instanbul and Ek opposite Bobby Deol. "I play a television journo in Mission Istanbul and it was so much fun. Apoorva asked me to watch lots of TV, which was the best part, and I had to meet lots of television folk. I star opposite Zayed Khan and he’s such a dedicated guy. Vivek Oberoi and Abhishek Bachchan are also in the film," she says. In Ek, meanwhile, she falls in love with an assasin, "and (the role) is unlike anything I’ve played so far".

A hectic life and a diary crammed with dates for numerous flicks what’s on her mind right now? "A hundred things but I’m not complaining; I love being busy and the success that comes with hard work," says Shriya.