Riya Sen is a true patriot

The world might know her as a sultry diva, who sizzles the silver screen with her glamorous appearance, but deep within, actress Riya Sen is a true-blue patriot whose heart is ready to sing hosannas for the country.

The girl who has celebrated her 27th birthday on January 24, is now looking forward to celebrating the Republic Day with gusto. NT gets up close and personal with her.

On her birthday: "The birthday bash was held at a Juhu nightclub in Mumbai and the theme was red. A lot of Bollywood biggies, who are all my friends, were there along with my family members. We enjoyed a lot of snacks and the party went on till the wee hours."

On the republic day: "I am one of those people who are born with a free spirit. Although on occasions like the Republic Day or the Independence Day I don't do anything special, but those paper flags selling along the streets or the live telecast of the Republic Day parade always fill up my heart with patriotism. To me these occasions are the symbol of that precious essence of freedom, for which the freedom fighters gave their lives."

On Salman Rushdie hullabaloo: "When I met Rushdie in a nightclub, there were other people present too. I really don't know why such a hoopla was created about his conversation with me. And just for records, I also don't know from where this rumour started that he and I discussed fashion!"

On her new projects: "Right now I am busy shooting for quite a few projects including Shor Machaye Haiyya along with Mahesh Manjrekar, Seema Biswas and Mithun Chakraborty. Love Tadka co-starring Randeep is an interesting film, while Heroes is a comedy wherein you will find everyone-from Salman to Sohail and Bobby Deol. I am quite thrilled with this hectic pace of life these days!"

On upgrading her skills: " I am

trying to upgrade my skills and trying to be as accomplished as possible. These days I am also learning belly dancing and Spanish. After this, I plan to learn French."

On love: "There's nothing happening on love front at the moment. But to be honest I am enjoying this phase where I can chill out with my friends at home, at all hours and do what I want to."

Archive