What’s strange to Keira?

The Pirates Of The Caribbean star Keira Knightley is grabbing the most sumptuous roles in Hollywood but still thinks that fame is strange.

“I think fame is a very strange thing. You learn to find ways around it, as in any job. You have to have a route to self-preservation,” a New York daily quoted Knightley, as saying.

The 22-year-old Knightley also revealed that she never liked being a teenager. “I never felt comfortable in a group of giggly girls... So I suppose I never really wanted to explore it, whereas I did want to be a woman,” she said.

Although young, Knightley’s right kind of maturity has only reaped her benefits. “I think I’m in an incredibly fortunate position, because I actually get offered amazing roles and the opportunity to work with extraordinary people.”

Knightley, named as the new Period Queen in Hollywood is taking the tag in her stride.

“I’m fascinated by tragedies or dramas. It’s the drama queen in me. I want to explore them, partly because I don’t want to explore them in my real life, I guess,” she said.