Katrina Kaif wants to discuss work, not Salman

Katrina Kaif has had it with answering questions about Salman Khan.

“At any event, no matter what it is for, I’m only asked one thing,” the sexy actress complained. “It does get to me. I understand a mediaperson’s job. Fine. They can ask. But I’m not telling.”

She would rather talk about her work. “The girl I play in Raj Kumar Santoshi’s Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani is closest to what I am in real life. A little lost, a little out of it. Credulous, artless and trusting, that girl believes in the goodness of all things just like I do. I’ve never played someone whom I felt so close to myself.”

The film requires her to be young and trendy. Santoshi has given Katrina carte blanche to experiment with her looks. So far the actress has worked towards looking older than she is. Now she wants to look her age. She’s excited about working with Ranbir Kapoor. “My first co-star who’s my own age,” she admits. “Anil Kapoor, Akshay, Salman and Saif are fun too, but I’ve never worked with anyone of my age.”

With six super-hits in her kitty and the bitching brigade gunning for her big time, Katrina is uncomfortable about being called the lucky mascot of Hindi cinema. “It isn’t as easy as it looks. I’ve worked hard, tried to choose scripts that work, with some help from people who are more experienced and know better. I had no filmi background. I didn’t grow up watching Hindi films and rattling off dialogues from Sholay and Deewaar in front of guests at home in London. I had to start in Bollywood from scratch. If today I’m being called a lucky mascot I feel happy, but also apprehensive. All it’ll take is two flops for the tag to be taken away.”

Biography

Photogallery

Archive